Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Pop Art

Ariana Hernandez


Pop  Art


    Pop art originated from England in the 1950s to challenge traditional art. This art form focuses on pop culture icons. The original icons in popart were Marilyn Monroe, Mickey Mouse, Coca-Cola and Michael Jackson. Pop art is art based on a trending culture. Pop art is modern day art.


I decided to create an art piece concerning young, hispanic, adults’ entertainment. Usually, every teenage girl goes out to party and dances every weekend. It is a must for girls to wear heels even if, you are taller than your dancing partner. Therefore, I wanted to emphasize on the shoes of young ladies and have a simple background. I painted the background many shades of grey and black to add texture to the dance floor. I used an old pair of heels and cut them mid way down to attach them to my canvas. I painted the bottoms red to just have one color pop out.


Throughout the process, I faced a few challenges such as my heels being too heavy for my canvas painting. Another issue I faced was the glue I would use to hold my heels to my canvas. However, I quickly discussed solutions with my teacher and attached my heels with silicon glue and hot glue. This attachment was a success, the heels stayed strong to my canvas. In result, the background and half-cut heels went well together.

No comments:

Post a Comment